View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:52 PM
gralmic
Lurker

gralmic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 800w Reviews

Hello thought i would add 1 or 2 thoughts to the discussion. Use my 800W typically as a modem (sprint phone as modem plan) and mobile web access while on the road. I have a regular cell i use for most of my phone calls so i can't tell what the battery life on the treo is for voice calls. Bought it on aug 5th to replace my apache (the battery life was deteriorating on the apache).

Was on the internet today for 3 hours 28 mins before the Treo gave me a warning at 9% battery remaining. I didn't notice what the battery was at before hooking up this morning probably above 90% (charged it last night then unplugged and left it on standby overnight)

Tethered using bluetooth, EVDO connection & screen on the whole time. (you can't let it go to sleep or you lose your b/t and internet connection.

I can't say how long the apache used to go between charges as i never measured it like i did with the treo this morning. To me it seems like the treo lasts longer when hooked to the internet as a modem and it also seems to keep an EVDO connection better than the apache did.

All in all i like the design of the Apache better but the Treo hasn't locked up on me yet, so i'm happy with the Treo so far but i do miss the slide out keyboard with the larger keys. Can't have everything i guess.

Just my 2 cents worth.