View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 AM
detroit_doug
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing Opera from Manila2D interface - FIXED!

Mission completed !!!

Thanks to OMJ suppling me with a copy of IEplore.exe I have renamed the file to OperaL.exe and copied directly into the \windows folder of my device and went to the Internet tab on the Manila interface and clicked on the globe and boom - IE opens up the page

Now understand, this will break your Opera browser and pull up IE instead each time. to correct that if you want to run them both reinstall Opera and install it into your Storage Card - this will update all the known shortcuts on your device (programs, program page, etc) but the renamed file for Manila/TF3d will still look to the \windows directory and pull up IE by default (tested with the latest beta build of Opera and installed as above and no tweaks or reg edits needed all previous shortcuts pull up opera and Manila pulls up IE)

Now if you would rather have Skyfire as the Manila default, same deal - rename skyfire.exe to OperaL.exe, copy into \windows and allow it to overwrite, then reinstall Opera onto your storage card and you should be all set

Again thanks OMJ for the file and everyones ideas here as well

Detroit Doug
Attached Files Manila_Opera_fix.zip (8.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by detroit_doug; 09-25-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: fix found and tested
This post has been thanked 5 times.