View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 03:47 PM
mtkates
PPCGeeks Regular

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint MMS

I finally got around to testing Picture Mail and it works. I have a Sprint Diamond I got yesterday and it is the stock rom. I did not install any .cabs to make it work.

When I first got my phone and clicked on Pic Mail icon, it gave me an error when starting up. I did not try to send or recieve anything. I remembered that I had to sign up for Pic Mail with my new phone number so I did that. I still did not try it out yet.

I was playing around with other stuff to edit thouchflow and I started getting errors so since I had not done a lot of customizing yet, I decided to do a hard reset and see what would happen if I didn't let customization run, so I did a soft reset before it ran. After it started back up, customization ran anyway so I just let it run and then went to bed.

I have not done anything else to my phone yet so I tried Pic Mail again. I did not get the error during start up so I sent my sister a picture. She is on att and I did not have to enter anything, just selected her phone number from contacts. I told her to send one back if she got it. She just sent me a pic and it showed up on my phone in my mail folder in the pic mail account. I did not have to go to a web page to download it or save it.

The only thing I can think of for people having problems is that maybe you need to sign up for pic mail before you run the program the first time so it gets set up properly with your account info, so if you have not yet signed up for a pic mail account under the phone number your are using, you need to do that first, then it might be worth trying a hard reset.

Just a note if you are wondering. A hard reset will reset everything on your phone except the internal storage. It does not touch that.

I hope this helps and you get your pic mail working, it is pretty slick.
This post has been thanked 2 times.