View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Exil3d
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond Thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
You think it would be okay to use the Touch charger?
Absolutely. Thats what I am using at the moment. Same voltage. I am keeping the whole box and accessories pristine since I might return it for the Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
Not on the CDMA version....
Ohh I see....... too bad. Oh well.. its not that important for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwuero View Post
I had a GSM version of Diamond for a few weeks. I saw a demo when I got it put on by HTC and they said that the auto focus does start as your finger approaches the center button. Also the bottom part of the phone can be tweaked to allow for capacitive touch (if that is what its called) according to what I have read over at xda developers. There was a big debate over this and I believe the end decision was that it is not set up for that but is capable of it.
I see... just so you all understand.

Capacitive touch panel detects body current.

Resistive touch panels ( Current Diamond Sprint screen) goes by pressure. Thats why the iphone is super sensitive. Its a capacitve panel. And us Diamond, Mogul, Touch users have to really press slightly to get a response. But negetive sides of Capacitive panles is that you cannot waer gloves to use it. You need you human skin to make it work. Bad news for glove drivers. Aflso.. Styluses dont work on Capacitive since there is not current on them. Theres pros and cons on both. I honestly would rather have Resistive ( what we currently have). But I am a bit confused on what this Sprint Diamond has on the center button. It almost acts as a CAPACITIVE button.