View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM
racedog
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is the signal strength better on the diamond than the touch?

Ok, things are getting better. The first thing I did was to get a prl update, then pulled the battery and put it back in. Now, I seem to be getting about the same signal that I did on my Touch. EVDO is staying up and browsing is going relatively fast (for this area). Phone connections are now better and also comparable to the Touch. If this holds, I'll keep the Diamond but I'll give it a few days to see how it works out.

Real test will come starting tonight as I will be going back down to where our RV is parked for a big 5 day music festival. Originally I was parked in a campground on the grounds where the festival is going to take place but the river, which runs right next to the campgrounds overflowed and flooded the area and we have to get out quick, even had to be pulled out by tractor because of mud and we relocated to a state park about 15 miles away but in an area that is VERY marginal but when my wife and I were there last Sunday our phones were working even though our signal was hovering between no bars and 1 bar. We'll see how the Diamond does down there tonight when I get back to the RV.

Hoping we're a go on this because I love the size of the Diamond and the TouchFlo3D is kinda neat but my big deal is size. I hated carrying a large device because I always have it with me and its a pain to carry in my hand all the time and I won't even go into what I think carrying a phone on a belt looks like! This one can go into a pair of jeans (not too tight jeans) or a shirt pocket and I like that a lot.

R