View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 AM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native Facebook Client for Windows Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnifoca View Post
We have added support for finger gestures. In any list view, you can now move your finger east to select any item, west to go back to the previous screen, north to scroll down, and south to scroll up.

Please download and install the update by pointing your phone's browser at http://m.magnifoca.com, and let us know your feedback.

Best regards,
Magnifoca, Inc
Funny, in the past, the app automatically checked for updates and told me there was a new one.

I decided to manually go to m.magnifoca.com and reinstall, however I don't see any difference, and finger gestures are definitely NOT working. Did the update not get pushed to your webserver?

Also, unless its implented like A_C does his scrolling apps, its probably a better idea to just allow a device's native finger scrolling system to take over instead of creating your own.

Otherwise, someone with ftouchflo, for example, would have problems using it because ftouchflo is trying to adjust the scroll bars, and snap2face is trying to use its own touch interface. A similar problem is found with apps like Google Maps, etc, which require finger scrolling, and the solution is to add the program to the "exclude" list in the finger scrolling app config.

The native Touch and Diamond Bio-Touch would probably have the same problem.
Why can't you just use a standard WM window system and scroll bars instead of re-inventing the wheel? An app more native to the OS would probably run smoother as well, not to mention be more cross-device compatible...