View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
CNeufeld
PPCGeeks Regular

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/14/08] JUICY ROM v1.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotropolis View Post
Hi all,

I have implemented all the GPS settings that were recommended in another thread (by changing the QPST settings and and installing the registry cab), and my GPS is still not working, so I am going to flash Juicy's 1.09 Rom.

I have a few questions:

1) I am running TF3D Config and Diamond Tweak on my phone to have settings to my liking, if I flash juicy's rom, will I need to have these programs running in order to get the best possible functionalilty out of my phone (battery tweaks, camera modes, data connection cut off after 60 seconds and a few others)? If not, will I be able to install these programs in order to change it to my liking? (basically overriding some of the ROM's behaviours)

2) In regards to the GPS, will I need to install the registry cab? If so, what about going through that whole process to edit the QPST settings?

3) Is there a program in juicy's latest rom (1.09) that will allow me to change my theme?

4)How do I hard reset? I cant seem to get it to do that. Instead of hard-resetting, can I just use the windows app to 'clear storage' on the settings section?

5) What major problems are there with juicy's 1.09 rom? basically, will the rom affect any basic functionality that was working before I flashed this custom rom? (phone, contacts, text messaging, email etc)

6) If I follow the instructions of unlocking/flashing roms provided on this forum, what are the chances I can brick my phone?

Thanks a lot for your time. I am just a little concerned since this is all new to me and aside from the GPS, the diamond tweak and TF3D config have really added good functionality and battery life to my phone.

NK
My responses:
1) All the ROM does is provide you a baseline. You can continue to tweak it after. I've got Juicy's 1.07 ROM, and I've run the tweaks to add new program items and tab orders, as well as changing my splash screens.

2) I'll let the GPS experts talk about the QPST...

3) Use the TF3D Config to change the theme.

4) You have to use Power + Vol Down + Enter when restarting to hard reset it. The manual doesn't cover the Power button. You can also use the Clear Memory option.

5) I haven't had any "major" or other issues with Juicy's ROM, although I'm not sure about my battery life still. I haven't upgraded to the 1.09 yet, though.

6) I'll leave that to the experts.

Clint