View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 AM
no2chem
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdv View Post
So he used nochems work, big deal.. at least its being used; isnt that good enough. NFSFAN's roms are used by thousands of people, I would be happy just to know that my work was being used regardless of if I was credited or not. (I realize that nochem's work is used by most of the chefs for a variety of reasons, I think its already generally accepted by everyone that he has done alot for the ppc community (wouldnt be the same without him), regardless if he wasnt officially credited or not on this rom, oh well.

Yes, nfsfan should have gave nochem proper accreditation, but even if not .. so freakin what? really its just some code, in a matter of years it will be long forgotten anyways.
Clearly, you failed to read the thread. I would close this thread, but it seems that half the people didn't get the message. No, he isn't banned because he failed to credit me. He is banned because he stole my software, edited and claimed it was his. This would be equivalent to taking a popular piece of freeware, take FIREFOX for example, and replacing every occurence with NFSFANFOX. You bet Mozilla would be more than happy to sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdv
ya Nochem, we know you do alot for everyone around here, but let it go, do you really have to be thanked and credited every single time? Seems a little conceited/arrogant to me..

NFSFAN should at least be able to defend himself from all the flaming and accusations ..
Um no, I didn't ask for that, I just ask that my software not be edited in such a manner, and that people respect my license agreement. As for NFSFAN being able to defend himself, he's been given a chance several times already. Like we've mentioned, this isn't his first offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Alright so here's a question for everyone, why isn't all the threads with Manila 2D removed and the people who posted them banned?
Totally different. Manila 2D is HTC's. As far as I know, no one has edited out the about page to show that HTC didn't make it, and I'm sure if anyone did that here, they would be banned as well. My software is not a hack of anyone else's software. It is 100% my code.

Yes, I'm sorry that you Bell users have to suffer. No, I'm not doing this because I am conceited or arrogant. I don't care whether you include my software in your ROM, so long as you abide by any included license agreement. I could just require that you don't include it in your ROM, as some developers have done (A_C), or charge for it, as others have (WMWiFiRouter). I'd rather support the community and freely distribute my software. However, it is not open source, and not open to modification. As I've stated several times I have an obligation to protect my intellectual property. Frankly, some of the posts that suggest my software is "whatever", "just some piece of code", etc anger me, and make me feel like just abandoning this community. If my software was just "whatever", then you go ahead and make it yourself...
This post has been thanked 2 times.