View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 AM
no2chem
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT! View Post
I don't think it is as simple as that. Isn't the code is released to the developer community for them to use and include in their roms? I've looked at the nueUSB package that is distributed on xda and don't see anywhere a) a reference to who wrote it b) a requirement to give credit for using it c) restrictions to modifying the code. Perhaps I didn't come across the right posts to find this, but then perhaps NFSFan didn't either. I think calling it theft is a bit strong.

Please don't make me defend him anymore. I don't agree with what he has done either, I'm just trying to provide some balance to this thread.

-GT
Please cite where this is on XDA so I can have it removed. Thank you. This application is closed source, and after this turn of events I am very happy that I did NOT make my code open source. There is NO CODE released to the developer community and (b) and (c) are supposed to be included in the license agreement

also it is a component of nueROM so it falls under any included license agreement there, the license clearly specifies commercial distribution is illegal, the license includes an attribution requirement.

Last edited by no2chem; 09-15-2008 at 12:59 AM.