rdm
PPCGeeks Regular

rdm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
do us all a favor please if you go into a sprint store dont try to fandangle your way to a free battery be honest and go buy one, or else when people have actual battery problems we can get help and the store doesn't assume we are trying to get something for free when we have real complaints.
As a point of information, when I went into my Sprint store to discuss battery life they gave me a two free spare batteries. The Tech manager told me they were doing this to stop the large number of returns because of the battery life.

I do not think people should be buying them, or it is in any way wrong to get a free spare, because the reason why the stores are giving free spares is to save Sprint money from returns of entire handsets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
They are probably just recycling them. Customer comes in with a "bad" battery, gets it exchanged. Next customer comes in with a "bad" battery and gets the one the previous guy just returned (after it's been recharged.)
No. They are giving away free spares. Apparently the battery is the same as another existing model and they take them from the return pile. The ones I got were actually more recent manufacture than the one that came with my 800W.

The way the tech explained it, it isn't that the 800W batteries are "bad" only that their size is very small for the capabilities of the 800W. The next Treo has a much bigger battery because of this problem, but won't fit in our 800Ws.