View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Bearxor
PPCGeeks Regular

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've started turning my phone off when browsing via wifi on my 6600. I just moved to a new apartment about three months ago, and I get really crappy service on the 6600. I actually hadn't really used my WiFi card at my last place because 1X was always fast enough for what I wanted to do.

Now, I use my WiFi almost every day. One thing I noticed was that in some areas of my house, if I tilt my phone one way or another I lose/gain signal. When sitting on the toilet cruising the internet (shut up, you all do it too) I noticed my internet speed was really, really slow, taking several minutes to resolve a page, and I noticed that my signal was going in/out. So, I turned on flight mode and all of the sudden, its coming through just as fast as it can.

Now, I have a 6600, which doesn't have built-in WiFi, so it could be different on the 6700, but it seems pretty obvious to me that my phone was doing everything in its power to connect via Vision before it used WiFi. Perhaps this is the case with the 6700 as well and perhaps is one of the reasons Verizon has set the 6700 and i730 to disable the phone when WiFi is on, so that they're not fighting each other for a connection.