Chimmer
PPCGeeks Regular

Chimmer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i got a new one for free at sprint store but gave old one back. thats as good as i got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptpinoy View Post
i actually just ask one of the guys from the sprint store and they hooked one up for free. didnt think they would actually give one out.
Are they actually giving you brand new batteries still in an unopened package or are they walking in the back, coming out and handing you a battery?

They are probably just recycling them. Customer comes in with a "bad" battery, gets it exchanged. Next customer comes in with a "bad" battery and gets the one the previous guy just returned (after it's been recharged.)

One thing I've learned about battery life with this particular battery and it's probably true for all new batteries: When I first bought my Centro, battery life sucked. I would charge the phone each night and after several weeks battery life improved immensely, at least according to the phone's battery meter.

The Treo 800w has been the same way. Battery life initially sucked, then after several weeks of nightly charging, it's great.

So, what exactly is happening here? Is the battery being conditioned or is the phone's battery meter just being calibrated so that it's more accurately reporting the actual charge? I don't know.

At this point I have no complaints about battery life from my 800w. I'm still trying to get used to it and so far still prefer the Palm OS over WinMo, but that's an issue for another thread.