Thread: 800w Reviews
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
hippity.hoppity
Halfway to VIP Status

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Throwing in the towel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnxd9 View Post
Well it's been 10 days, and I find myself getting more annoyed daily with the Treo, first the battery, Yeah, yeah I know, I've given it it's chance, took proper care of it, and it's still rediculously poor, I can't get through the day with minimal use, and if i want to really use it, the charger won't charge it as fast as I can use it. I'm fighting a losing battle... I've tried the tweaks, I've turned everything off, I did the update...

All that being said I still concider that somewhat minor. I'm tired of it freezing up and I'm tired of soft resets, I'm tired of the poor phone, it's always has some static, I never EVER get a perfect clear call, doesn't matter where or if I have perfect service. Let alone trying just to use the phone is difficult enough. The headphones suck. Sure some if the interface is me, and not being used to the phone or software, but I really wonder what it has to be so difficult?

I do have to say I think there is promise that I'll have another PPC again, I'm going to wait and see the offers from HTC, might take one of those for a test spin.

I'm really going to miss the anytime internet that actually works, it's so darn cool to stream media through Orb, and I'm watching live TV or recorded programs I tivo'ed or instanly accessing my 50K mp3's. Lets not even start on how much I'm going to miss the ability to tether again....

I guess I want a better phone before PPC, I'm not willing to compromise a decent sounding phone for the internet.

So it goes back tomorrow, I'll be back to my katanya and atleast I'll have a good working phone again, and I'll be back to being miserable.
I'm in the same boat. The 800w is a really awful phone and only a decent PDA. The buggy GPS and dim screen are annoying but the terrible earpiece clarity and outgoing sound quality are deal breakers for me.

You'll like what you see from HTC though. They do a much better job with the phone side than Palm ever has. Palm's forte was minor customizations and tweaks that got the most out of WM. With WM6.1 and the great minds here and at xda, Palm's tweaks aren't needed any longer and their lack of engineering knowledge and quality control has become totally unacceptable.