View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
GaMedic
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
you might want to add that you have to call them from a DIFFERENT phone.. atleast they tell you to... i called from my phone and the lady refused to help me until i called back from another phone, she did give a very logical reason tho... just thought id point that out.

you might also want to add that if u are a verizon user, you can flash the new upgrade as long as you dont let customizations run.

great work on this by the way, i am sure it has helped many users. cheers
You have to call from another phone because they will have you make changes on the device while they are talking to you. That is to decrease call time so you are not saying hang on 15 times to apply the changes. Plus if you have to reset your device then you would have to hang up on your call and call back. If II am not mistaken, yu can't even call them when you need an AKey. As far as the MR1 update I don't plan to put anything about it in the tutorial because it breaks the funtionality of the GPS in 3rd party programs. It is a big pain to fix that, so I don't think it is a good idea to suggest it yet. The whole reason ffor the tutorial is to simplify the process.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>