View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
rhannahs19
Regular 'Geeker

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
Attention Verizon users: When you finish flashing you ROM you will need to call Verizon for a new Akey. This is caused by upgrading the Radio ROM to a GPS enabled radio. You will only have to do this once. If you ever flash a new radio it will not cause a problem as long as it is a GPS enabled radio. You just call VZW tech support and tell them you had to hard reset your phone and now when you make a phone call your phone says VZW cannot authenticate your phone. They will issue you a new AKey. They will walk you through putting the AKey in. The steps are dial ##778 and send(if it does not work don't panic try ##778#). It will ask for a code. Enter 000000. Select edit. Select the menu in the bottom left and choose Akey. On the next screen you will enter the new AKey that they provide.
you might want to add that you have to call them from a DIFFERENT phone.. atleast they tell you to... i called from my phone and the lady refused to help me until i called back from another phone, she did give a very logical reason tho... just thought id point that out.

you might also want to add that if u are a verizon user, you can flash the new upgrade as long as you dont let customizations run.

great work on this by the way, i am sure it has helped many users. cheers

Last edited by rhannahs19; 09-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.