quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Re: How to buy the Diamond

This pretty well sums it up and is accurate to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
I am going to try and answer all the questions that have been made in this thread. I was a sales rep in a corporate sprint store for 2 years so this is the correct information. In order to recieve any rebate on a new handset you have to sign a new 2 year agreement. Any additional credits like the $100 good customer reward can be accepted and will be applied to the bill, does not have anything to do with your monthly plan. As far as recieving the instant $75 or $150 savings your plan has to have a miminum monthly charge of $34.99, before insurance and any other additional features you pay for. This is because there are very old plans that have thousands of minutes and unlimited everything else for an extremely low price so sprint requires plans to be updated so they make more money. There are ways around this though. Calling customer service and explaining that you are on a SERO is beneficial. Often they will tell you they can put the credit amount on your acct then you purchase the phone at full price and bill it to your acct so all even. Other CS people will tell you to buy it, update plan, and call back for them to convert you back to the SERO plan. Then there are plenty that will say sorry have to change. In this final case I suggest asking to speak with retention which are the people who try and make you happy so you do not end your service. You will have the most leverage if you are out of contract and can cancel service without penalty. Can't gaurantee that these will be options or the only options but this is how things worked until January of this year when I left the company.
I have been a customer for nearly 9 years and this is how it has been for a very long time. You can get the additional rebates if you are patient, friendly, and persistent enough to find the right people that can make it happen for you.