View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
evilvoice
PPCGeeks Regular

evilvoice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/28/08

Ok, well I have done some digging on the fexplore thing. While I am sure the way it is now, works, I dont believe it is 100%. If you open the package in WinRAR, and VIEW fexplore.exe, youll get a lot of gibberish, but some stuff will make sense. I notice that the exe references
F E X P L O R E \ W i n d o w s \ f e x p l o r e . e x e . t m p. I have no idea what references what, but it is definitely looking for a file. What I mean is I dont know if 2.03 is looking for the standard fexplore renamed ending in tmp, or if the exe is calling the windows fexplore with relation to 2.03 ending in tmp. Anyway, thats my finding. I dont want to piss anyone off or anything, but that is the most complete answer I can give...so if it pisses you off, skip this post.

As a side note, how does dropping the final e of the executable make it necessary? if it is just named .ex then windows will never run it and therefore is not essential to the OEM. I was talking about renaming it to fexplor.exe so that the file can still be executed. Just my thoughts.