View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 PM
doughamm
Lurker

doughamm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Diamond D-Pad: Working as expected?

I expected on my new Diamond to be able to press directly on the raised circular ring around the center button for left/right/up/down. While it works for 3 directions, it doesn't work well at all for Right. Instead I found that I have to click in the blank area between the center button, back, and hang-up buttons to get Right to register consistently.

This wouldn't bug me if it the intuitive press-on-the-ring method didn't work in the other 3 directions!

So I went to my Telus store tonight to swap the unit out. They were sold out; shouldn't have been a surprise, except the inept sales guy earlier in the day claimed they had one that they'd reserve for me...should have known better than to believe it. But I did try one of the other salespeople's Diamonds, and his was even worse...it wasn't just inconsistent - clicking the right side of the ring didn't work at all. He just assumed pressing in the area between the buttons was the correct way.

And now I'm starting to second-guess myself...maybe that IS the right way, but I just can't see why they'd design it that way! But to have two act the same way...

So while I'm waiting for more stock to arrive, please let me know whether you're experiencing similar behavior, and if so from which side of the D-pad. Thanks!