View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/25/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman.namrepus View Post
Rstoyguy,

Can you take a look at this OEM I tried to create. It loads but you can not change the sittings. What did I do wrong? I know I should leave this to the expert. Just trying my hand at it. In the zip file is the OEM and Cab file. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Attachment 13296
I can look at this tonight.
When I make an OEM, I install the cab on the device and once installed, I'll export the registry keys and add them to the RGU file. And then I'll verify file placement. Most .cab files have a couple "hook's" where the .cab install will call a routine inside a .dll included in the .cab. Some authors use this to set up the registry settings, and some use it to copy/setup the VGA/QVGA files to where the program wants them. So you may try that, and see what that does.

And then there are .cab's like fitaly, I just ended up ripping the exe's and dll's from the device into the OEM to bypass all their fancy setup. (probably why it costs $30 for a keyboard...)