View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Chef Ben
Regular 'Geeker

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will it run android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
Just wondering, do you think HTC will release a Android version, or if Google will have Android available for it? It should be more than able to run it. I have tried Android on my mogul, it seems cool, but had a long way to go. not to mention that the keyboard didn't work. It is still cool showing my Linux nerd friends my phone booting up linux.
FWIW, http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=3275

Quote:
According to informed sources cited by the New York Times, T-Mobile USA will be the first network operator to launch a phone running the Android platform. The Times' sources said the phone would be manufactured by HTC, and could be available as early as October. It will feature a touch screen and a sideways slide-out keyboard, which is a design used by HTC on its other smartphones. Google, the company behind Android, and T-Mobile did not comment on the details