View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Gervy
Regular 'Geeker

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
If your radio and bootloader are compatible, then rebuild your rom in the kitchen...
only each time select fewer OEMs to include, or even better start w/ none selected and work backwards (selecting more and more each time) - if its' not booting up due to the size of the rom, then when you create a clean (no selection) ROM it will boot, and once you have selected too many items then it will not. While it may be time consuming, it will produce the answer you seek. that is, is this ROM too big? unless i misunderstood, in which case... disregard this
Hmmmm.... anyone know what the ROM size limit is for the 6800 with 2.40 Olipro bootloader?
Instead of the hit/miss method, I could just calculate my ROM size.

(Though I'd swear when I flashed this from home this weekend, I was using smaller ROMS just to try to get the darn thing to boot). I guess this is where thr 6700 is just a little bit easier to mod.

---------------------------

Meanwhile, between the finikiness of the 6800, and the fact that my fricking ActiveSync won't see my phone unless I reboot (each time I disconnect), I"m getting pissed. ARG!!!!! Can't this be easier to hack, like my customer's networks.

---------------------------
Update:
The good news, I downgraded again back to the default, etc...., and at least the phone is working again.
I'll re-upgrade again later.

GErvy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris

Last edited by Gervy; 08-25-2008 at 09:13 AM.