View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
buddhatikkigod
Regular 'Geeker

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Telus Diamond to VZW?

Why add a verizon prl ahead of calling them if youre going the official route? I dont think verizon recommends putting a .prl file onto your phone and flashing that way so i would think if you followed their method and were using your Telus 6900 that Verizon would know its a Telus and flash it the right way. BUT im thinking maybe because its Canadian that maybe adding the prl might help but Verizon might not allow the ESN because it is a Canadian phone... i dont know if using a Canadian phone is a hangup. But if it is their are other ways to get the phone working and theyre not that hard.

You could (as i did with a Sprint 6900) copy the ESN from your existing phone to the 6900 and copy all your other setting and get the phone working. This might or might not require calling Verizon and saying you had a problem with a hard reset on your phone, they will (99.9% of the time without question.. never heard of anyone being questioned usually the techs assume that a hard reset was the problem... if anything err on the side of stupid dont seem to know too much) send you the A-key and set your phone up. MAKE SURE when you copy the ESN to your new phone and reboot it that your original phone is not on. NEVER have the same ESN phone connected at teh same time... the phone network will find out and spank you.

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 08-24-2008 at 02:30 PM.