View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Protonus
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: Cyberon Voice Commander vs. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial vs Microsoft Voice Command?

Well more info.
Turns out it doesn't require a HACK to get Microsoft Voice Command to work with Voice Notifications, but it does require a different version then the one you can buy!

I bought the software from handango, and you get 1.60.4622. There is no way to update it thru microsoft that I can tell. That is the latest "retail" version. However they have released newer versions that are OEM on some phones and in the ROM that people have stripped out.

You can "obtain" the installer cab's for other versions, from "torrential" sources. I don't feel bad because I bought this program, I should be entititled to a version that works!

Notifications do NOT work on 4622. But install another version, like 1.6.19209, and they work right away. Just run the cab on overtop your old copy. Bingo they work now.

A great thread on this is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=391262
This post has been thanked 2 times.