View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Ummm.....

I'm just using the Kitchen for the first time in weeks (as I've been satisfied with my phone.... and only using the Kitchen now for a insurance replacement phone). For some reason I'm constantly getting the error that the ROM file is to big. I have my options back to almost nothing (and MUCH less than what I used before...in fact, at first I made no selections but loaded my last saved selection file). What gives? Is this a bug.... or is the ROM size different (I do see my bootloader is 1.04 when it originally was 1.00).

This represents a SIGNIFICANT decrease in apps I had successfully installed with this kitchen previously. (A month back or so).
1.04 is a significantly smaller ROM. However, you shouldn't be seeing that during build...just during flash (because it is currently set to v1.00 size for all bootloaders). I don't know what you installed before, but my guess is that some of the apps have been updated and are now bigger than last you used. The kitchen itself has not changed in many weeks, outside of ppcgeeks_oem.rar.