View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 AM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Clean, No Junk Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokky View Post
A bit of clarification (for BuildOS version "0.90 Beta" as of tonight's update): the "RUU" option on the top menu bar is NOT where that is set - instead it is what is labeled as "Rev" (between greyed-out "Device: Apache", and "OS: WM6.1"). Even more confusingly, when the mouse hovers over it, it shows "OS type".

It's no wonder I was so frustrated with this on my older, but nicer XV6700 just acquired on eBay, that upgraded just fine to Verizon's AKU 3.3, but sat there like a lump with the Helmi_c/BuildOS flashing attempt, while my beat-up, 6700 updated just fine, but no audio (jack broke off mobo) makes it useless as a phone. The difference was in the "Bootloader" version - the nice phone has v1.04, and the beat-up one has v2.02, and apparently BuildOS's default works with 2.02, and not 1.04 - I had no clue how to deal with that until I read your post, and took a chance that the v1.04 "Rev/OS type" really meant the BootLoader version - YESSSSS!!!!!

THANK YOU!
...and if you'd read the tips file that should have shown during install and is available from the Help menu, you'd have known REV=Bootloader version.

I'll fix the tooltip - never noticed that error. Thanks.