Lurker

rokky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Clean, No Junk Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
lostboy,
With your bootloader, you need to use the "x.04+" RUU option in the kitchen - select it in one of the boxes at the top of the Build_OS window.
The version of Rob's rom that you are using does not include the proper new-bootloader RUU for your phone - in fact, I don't think there is one. If you really wanted this rom you would just have to flash it using the correct RUU folder in the kitchen.
A bit of clarification (for BuildOS version "0.90 Beta" as of tonight's update): the "RUU" option on the top menu bar is NOT where that is set - instead it is what is labeled as "Rev" (between greyed-out "Device: Apache", and "OS: WM6.1"). Even more confusingly, when the mouse hovers over it, it shows "OS type".

It's no wonder I was so frustrated with this on my older, but nicer XV6700 just acquired on eBay, that upgraded just fine to Verizon's AKU 3.3, but sat there like a lump with the Helmi_c/BuildOS flashing attempt, while my beat-up, 6700 updated just fine, but no audio (jack broke off mobo) makes it useless as a phone. The difference was in the "Bootloader" version - the nice phone has v1.04, and the beat-up one has v2.02, and apparently BuildOS's default works with 2.02, and not 1.04 - I had no clue how to deal with that until I read your post, and took a chance that the v1.04 "Rev/OS type" really meant the BootLoader version - YESSSSS!!!!!

THANK YOU!

Last edited by rokky; 08-19-2008 at 12:11 AM.