cool8man
N00b

cool8man is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TouchXperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchXperience.com

Use GPS or cell-based geo-positioning to determine current location and create profiles for each location.
Custom Events is a powerful application which execute predefined actions when custom events occur. The principle is simple, each custom event is defined by:
  • A basic event (application changed, location changed, new message, new incoming call, battery charging, device cradled, headset connected, Wi-Fi network detected, internet connection detected,...)
  • Eventually some conditions (date/time, current application, current location, specific words in message, caller identity,...)
  • An action (launch application, display notification, enable flight mode, turn on Wi-Fi, change profile, send message, ,...)
There will be hundreds of events and actions, so possibilities are very large! Here are some examples:
  • Enable flight mode during nights
  • Connect to Wi-Fi while battery is charging
  • Deactivate alarm when I turn my device face down
  • Put phone in silent mode at workplace
  • Remind me to buy bread when I’m near to the bakery
That sounds really cool. Guess you would have to have GPS on all day long though or at least on your way to work.

I love the way it makes use of all the hardware in the device. Accelerometer to navigate the UI, GPS to trigger events, touch control pad for gestures or unlocking the device, etc.