Thread: Tweakster beta
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
CozBoogie
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Tweakster beta

Found this over at TC so I can take absolutely no credit except for passing it on. It's a mortscript app from Zbop:

Cool new app available for you Treo power-users!!

Tweakster has three major functions:
1) Scheduling : create profiles & schedule events (33 plugins included)
2) Tweaks : applying tweaks (97 tweaks included)
3) Probes : retrieve system info (44 probes included)

Here are some examples of what you can do...

- Set up profiles for your favorite settings
- Change ringtones at 9:00 Mon-Fri to one set of ringtones, and
evenings and weekends to a different set of ringtones
- Soft Reset at 3:00 AM every day
- Turn Bluetooth & Wifi on at 8:00 AM, Mon - Fri
- Clear you IE cache every night at 2:00 AM
- Turn Brightness up, but keyboard lights off at 7:00 AM
- Check an eBay auction every 15 minutes, display current bid on Today Screen
- Set a storage alert when your builtin flash storage drops below 1MB
- Leave yourself a Voice reminder for lunch at 11:45
- NEW: Use your Treo as a SpyCam, schedule a video recording in "stealth" mode

And there are ALOT more plugins than those described above, more will be added as time goes on. Note that if you are handy with batch files or scripts, you can easily create your own plugins.

Tweakster is a MortScript-based app that is currently in BETA test in the MortScript developer forum and is pretty stable, but I need a few more users to get their hands on it.

Who should try this...
If you are an advanced-user who demands the most out of their Treo, needs profile support and wants to be able to automate and highly customize their Treo, or if you want to try out the latest tweaks or experiment with your own tweaks, this could be for you.

Who should pass...
If you are a novice user, or if you don't have a Treo 7xx series phone, or if you are uncomfortable using BETA-level software, you should pass for now.

Tweakster is a complex program with ALOT of power, but the pain is well worth the gain Also bear in mind, since Tweakster is written in MortScript, the UI will not be as slick as other WM apps but it's still very functional.

If you would like to try, just follow the link below. Enjoy!

Z.

Download here:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140495