View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:53 PM
spiritcrusher33
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Internet Sharing free?

older roms, U just open ics.. and hit connect. as it will use sprint pcs.. to dial out....with the new rom... it always uses phone as a modem.. to connect.. so u have to edit the reg.. so it will always use sprint pcs... ive never has pam. with my mogul...and have used 5 to8 gigs a month...depending on useage.. never once had any charges. even with the new 5 gig a month soft cap in place....of course i live in the country so maybe on a handful of people use the towers bandwith.. who knows..lol. but ive had rev a for like almost a year. out here.....

so to answer your question... is it free ya, but to be sure i wouldnt be dl torrents all day or anything like that...

here is the reg edit u need running the new rom...

Get and install PHM Registry Editor.
Then navigate to:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
and delete the string: Extension - isext.dll
Then to:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings\
and change "ForceCellConnection" to "Sprint PCS"
Wait a few minutes, maybe 5 just to be sure. Then soft reset the phone!

cant remember it was from another thread on here.. also i think there is a cab version here also just search...