View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
CFay
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XIP Porting GUIDE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
one suggestion, the start of the second XIP may not always be 0x00320000, instead search for the HEX string "FE 03 00 EA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00", there will be two of these HEX strings (One for the first XIP and one for the second XIP) and will signify the beginning of an XIP. one tool that is suppose to automate the extraction process is XIPTools http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14952 but i have yet to get it to work with the vogue, well really haven't tried to hard, and have lost the source

Edit: I also always have a problem with porting an XIP, "ERROR! Unknown o32 region flags: d0000040"...
That suggestion is correct, but i have yet to find a tool that will extract a XIP FULLY, just doesnt exist for the Vogue. Also, your region flags error IGNORE it it still locks it, it just doesnt reconize our device modules as the tools are older..

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!