View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM
rokky
Lurker

rokky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck in new Bootloader 2.04/2.05 from the bell/VZW 3.3 ROM, Help is here now

Any chance this thread is related to my problem?

I just got a 6700 from a guy on eBay in almost perfect condition to replace a beat-up 6700 (mostly beat up before I got it on eBay over a year ago it seems - one last bump by me broke the audio jack loose from the mobo, and apparently that breaks ALL sound except via bluetooth). I practiced reflashing the ROM on the old one with Helmi_C's WM 6 package from ppckitchen, and was eager to try it on the new phone.

But first, when I saw the new one had a really old ROM (ROM version showed in Device Info as 1.<something> with a 2005 date), I thought I would be playing it safe by re-flashing first with the update from Vzw's support site, and that went like a champ. Then I tried applying the Helmi/buildos flash - RUU starts, reads the current values, and drops it into BootLoader mode (I guess - black screen with "USB" at top in faint "negative" color), but the process seems to hang, and after a minute or 2 RUU comes back with a lost connection type of message.

Since then, however, I have not been able to get the new 6700 into bootloader mode manually (RUU does it just fine) no matter how I try to finesse the timing of pushing the voice recorder and power buttons, and poking reset with the stylus - just resets every time. I have little problem with putting the old 6700 in BL mode, so I have not "lost my touch" I even reflashed the old with a few more tweaks to the ROM package I "cooked" with buildos. (right after the same flashing failed on the new 6700).

One more interesting bit of info (I hope) is that when the "new" 6700 is in BL mode (via buildos' RUU now) I see a big "v1.00" on the 6700's screen, whereas on the "old", soundless 6700, it shows 2.02. Is that the BL (BootLoader) version? Is that a fatal combo of 1.00 with the Vzw update? Any workarounds like combining my nk.nbf file with the Vzw updating program files?

TIA,
rokky