View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 AM
voipster
Lurker

voipster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got VoIP on WM6.1 working?

>>Do you at least get the VoIP provider name on the dialer?

Does the VoIP provider only show up on the dialer "if" it registers successfully with the SIP server?

I know I "baked" one of the alternative dialer skins, so I hope that doesn't mess it up

I'm not sure what is supposed to appear in the dialer. How do I toggle between making a VoIP call or a regular wireless call?

Reading this page, it says you can set the preference in the Internet tab, which neither of us have:
Set voip as your calling priority Start->Setting->Personal->Phone->Internet->Whenever available->OK
After all this done, reboot your mobile phone.
When your mobile boots up, and the WIFI connects to the internet, there shows phone logo and ‘vbuzzer:Searching’, this means your mobile phone connects to Vbuzzer voip service successfully.

So without the Internet tab, it's unclear how the dialer will react when dialing. Maybe it defaults to VoIP if it has a WiFi connection? I honestly haven't tried it over WiFi. Trying to get it to work over the 2.5G connection according to the "hack" they list, i.e:
‘Tools’ ->’Sip Over 3g/GSM’->’Enable Via Reg’-> ‘SIP over 3G/Gsm:On’->’OK’

Although my Verizon xv6700 phone isn't 3G, so maybe that's part of my problem. Maybe it only works over WiFi?

I'll try connecting to a WiFi AP and see what happens. But I'm still unsure what I should see in the dialer. I'm guessing it will be similiar to what the guy above described, i.e. "mobile boots up, and the WIFI connects to the internet, there shows phone logo and ‘vbuzzer:Searching’, this means your mobile phone connects to Vbuzzer voip service successfully"

Maybe you can describe your experience on how it works or what I should see.