View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 AM
gdavis612
PPCGeeks Regular

gdavis612 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyones battery actualy last a full day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhipple View Post
I'll second this response. There is one room in my house that gets absolutely horrid cellular coverage, both on my XV6900 and my T-Mobile Blackberry 8800. A test that I did in all rooms of the house - I charged the phone immediately upon getting home, then unplugged before bed and placed the phones in each room.

Come morning, I checked and documented each phone's battery.
Blackberry has no percentage indicator, just 6 bars, 6 being a fully charged battery.

Blackberry does push email - I average 18-20 emails a night. These nights were no different.

XV6900 checks Gmail every hour - I average 3-4 emails a night. Again, these nights were no different.

No calls came in any of the nights I tested. No outgoing calls were made.

Master bedroom:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 6 bars

2nd bedroom:
XV6900 - 100%
BB - 6 bars

3rd bedroom:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 5 bars

Master Bath:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 6 bars

2nd bath:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 5 bars

Dining room:
XV6900 - 60%
BB - 3 bars

Computer room:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 5 bars

Kitchen:
XV6900 - 80%
BB - 4 bars

Garage:
XV6900 - 80%
BB - 5 bars

As you can see - in the dining room, the battery life was significantly less than in the other rooms.

I can't walk through the dining room without the signal degrading horribly, in about 50% of the cases the call was dropped. This has been the case with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Nextel, Boost, Metro PCS, and an Alltel phone from out of town.

Feel free to do a similar test in your house - may be interesting to see what differences you'll see from room to room! Of course, your milage may vary!
Maybe you have ghosts in yer dining room... and the calls degrade and you loose signal/battery so much because they are trying to communicate with you.. but maybe you just arent listening.. i suggest a sacrifice... maybe a goat.. or 2 chickens.. that should take care of yer problems!