View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Exil3d
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Official rom & live & gps bug.

Hugo, I dont mind at all. Link thisvthread everywhere if you want. Mindfrost, I am leaning towards aeeing with you. I think pushmail might Not Be the issue since exchae does work. Looks like having a automatic connection established thru Live Pushmail might Be the problem.Pjrey, do this test. Reset you phone aand see id a data connection gets established automatically after the phone boots up completly. If any does then see what is making the phone connect to data after startup. Once found if any connection is automatically, then disable it and reset the phone again and once there is no data connection after start up then open gps thru gpsviewer and see if it works.Ckl-88, yes having bars mean no data connection.What should happen is once gpsviewer is launched it takes about 1 and half seconds for you phone to pop up the data connectiong being done and then about another 10 seconds you have a lock. I did Noticed once a successful gps connection is established then even if you have pushmail disabled, the phone WILL not connect to data. I think it tries to recall the recent past sat coordations, and for some the recent are no good soo it takes long. I think the gpsone chip is programed to do that. Just a guess. Best test is to do it in the morning when gps has not been used.