ckl_88
PPCGeeks Regular

ckl_88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Official rom & live & gps bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ok, I think I found a bug and solution for us Vouge users with the new official rom. I noticed that after installing the new rom my gps got locks really fast with 10 to 15 seconds. Then after doing all my app installations and configured my email and finalized my phone, my gps would not lock as fast as it did right after a reflash.So anyways, I noticed that after opening up gps thru gpsviewer 1.5, the phone would not use agps to connect to the server to get the gps location. I realized that that was the whole problem in why I would not get a lock like i did before. So I hard resetted and then installed gpsviewer and immidietly noticed that agps was working since i noticed the phoneonnected automatically to edvo and got a gps lock within 15 secs. So... I traced down what was stopping agps from working. I noticed that right after I set live email to get emails "receive as they come" the a-gps would stop working. How did i noticed agps was not working? Well, after setting my live account to pushmail and reseting my phone.. when i launched gpsviewer and opened com4 the phone would not blink the arrows from edvo showing data being anffered. Remember when making live to receive email as then come, the phone always has a internet connection. So then I did a few more test and found out that disabling pushmail on my live account and just set it to "manual" and resetting the phone, my a-gps would work again and I would get 10 second locks. So if you still have gps issues.. disable you pushmail on live and reset the phone and then see if it locks fast.
I just downloaded gpsviewer and turned off my Windows Live push email and soft resetted. I got the signal bars with the antenna (which means no data connection). When I start up gpsviewer and click on the open GPS button, I can see it's working but is it supposed to open a data connection? Mine doesn't... I still have the antenna as opposed to the data arrows.