View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
GaMedic
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Attention Verizon users: When you finish flashing you ROM you will need to call Verizon for a new Akey. This is caused by upgrading the Radio ROM to a GPS enabled radio. You will only have to do this once. If you ever flash a new radio it will not cause a problem as long as it is a GPS enabled radio. You just call VZW tech support and tell them you had to hard reset your phone and now when you make a phone call your phone says VZW cannot authenticate your phone. They will issue you a new AKey. They will walk you through putting the AKey in. The steps are dial ##778 and send(if it does not work don't panic try ##778#). It will ask for a code. Enter 000000. Select edit. Select the menu in the bottom left and choose Akey. On the next screen you will enter the new AKey that they provide.

Alltel users. Username chevyforlife had problems with his device roaming after he flashed. To correct it he dialed *228 and selected 3. That fixed the issue for him.

Flashing your device using the SD method.

1. Card has to be 2gb or less in order to work.
2. Has to be formatted to fat32. To format place the card in a reader and insert reader in your PC. Find the drive that contains the card. Right click the drive and select format. Under file syatem select fat32. Hit start. Once the format is complete the card is ready to use.
3. Place the file you wish to flash on the SD card. Rename the file to TITAIMG.nbh.
4. Remove the card from the card reader and insert it into your device.
5. On your device press the power, camers and reset buttons at the same for approx. 2 seconds. You will have a grey screen that ask you to press power button to begin. The flash will take around a minute or so. Once the screen reads update complete you need to press reset and the flash should be complete. If you are flashing a radio the device will boot up normal. If you flashed a ROM the phone needs to be hard reset. Press the two soft keys on the front of the device (below the send/end keys) and at the same time press reset.

You can cook a ROM and do the flash with a cable or you can cook the ROM and pull the RUU_signed.nbh out of the kitchen and flash your phone using the SD method.To locate the file that you need from the kitchen go to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7 Temp and select the file titled RUU_signed.nbh. That is the file you need to place on the SD card to flash.

Edit: RUU Flashing

Originally Posted by flyers2114
I don't know if you want to but you may want to add this.....it is another easy way to flash...I still flash this way about 75% of the time......let me know...if not no problem....I ran through it pretty quick so feel free to format it any way you like if you decide to use it....or if I left anything out...

Flashing from a Blank (Noid) RUU:

Step 1: Download any ROM you choose to your desktop. (I save it there but you can save it anywhere you like).
Step2: Extract the downloaded file using WINRar or 7-zip, or any program you choose that will extract a RAR file.
Step 3: Open the RUU. Take the Signed.NBH file that you just extracted and place it in the RUU.
Step 4: Connect your phone to the PC USB.
Step; 5 Place the phone in Boot loader. To perform this, simultaneously hold power, camera, and soft reset hole. (if you did it right the phone will come up with the tri-color screen.) hence boot loader
Step: 6 Run the Rom Update Utility inside the blank RUU.

Step 7: Follow the on-screen prompts on your PC.
Step 8: You will see the progress bar (in %) on the PC and the PPC. When it says finish on your PC you can disconnect and you are done.

Note: SomeROMS require you to take out the battery for 30 seconds and then perform a Hard Reset (Myself have never had to do anything but just pull the battery for about 3 seconds and then do the hard reset.)
Also I immediately delete the signed.nbh file that I placed in the RUU. That way you always have a blank RUU to run additional ROMS.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 08-13-2008 at 11:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 41 times.