View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 01:24 AM
jethro_static
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: windows 98/XP on PDA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidIQ View Post
I did compare 95, 98, and XP to WM 6.1 repeating what was said in the xda topic. And I still stand firm behind what I said...the whole point being that none of those OSs were designed for PDAs so there are no drivers for things like keyboards, touchsceens, etc. It would be pretty hard to get to work right.

My whole point is that doing this on a PDA phone is a very bad idea unless they figure out a way to get the phone functions, the Internet, Text Messaging, and other functions that are necessary for a PPC phone to work to be there on those OSs. They're designed for totally different platforms. I just don't want someone coming in here and thinking that they can put Windows 95, 98, or XP on their phone and replace their OS and expect their phone to work simply because some people over at xda got it to work somewhat on an old Dell PDA.

Sure you might be bored with your phone but if you're that bored with it then do ROM kitchen flashing of it. At least your phone functions would be intact.
That is the whole point on the xda thread. It is under development. Poeple there are doing things that was thought to be imposible until somebody cracked it. U sound like they are just wasting their time doing the project. I say, Post on the xda thread, tell them that it will not work and let's see what response u'll be getting.
Just like OSX is not designed for PC's. Why are there a lot of PC's with OSX? and windows 95 is not designed for PSP's. LOL

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-03-2008 at 01:27 AM.