View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 AM
jethro_static
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: windows 98/XP on PDA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidIQ View Post
A more appropriate annalogy would have been...would you go back to 95 or 98 on your XP laptop? I wouldn't think so.

Would you go to WinCe 2.1 on your WM 6.1 phone? Probably not either.

Furthermore would you want XP or even Vista on a Mac? They're two totally different platforms. It would be pointless to go through the pains of doing that and for minimal results. You'd be missing a crapload of drivers, half the hardware wouldn't work with it, so on so forth. I just think it's a bad idea overall to take a PDA Phone to try this out and basically brick it because there would be no way any of the phone functions would work. But if you have a spare PPC phone and want to do that then go right ahead.

As I saw it they have spare Dell PDAs and other such devices they're trying this on most likely because one of those would run you anywhere from $40+ instead of the $300+ that a PDA phone would cost you (without a plan). I'd be very careful what you try with this outside of the emulation that they talk about.
On ur first post, U compared 95,98 and xp over wm6.1. Now Ur saying that 95,98 compared to xp. ofcourse I wouldn.t go back from xp to 98. But I would take 98 on laptop instead of wm6.1 if that's the only option. as far as xp on PPC's I would like to have it if I would not have to sacrifice phone functions. I would put it on my PDA anyday if it's proven by many to work properly.
XP will not run on an apple machine. It is proven that vista runs faster on apple machines and OSX runs better on a PC. If U like vista so much and Ur loaded, there's ur options.

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-03-2008 at 01:14 AM.