Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with Storage Card asap Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by arparent View Post
When you say downloading, are you meaning that it is downloaded straight from the internet to the PPC, or copying from another computer? If you are downloading it directly, since the PPC is processing the download and essentially copying it to the card when it is done, yes... it will run out of space fairly quickly. If you are copying from a PC to the card directly, then this would most likely be a card issue. If you are getting an error still after a fresh booth, this means that it tried to download the entire file, however large, onto the PPC, and when it reached the point where it failed, it stopped. So essentially, you have a partial file in a temp folder somewhere that is either taking up ALL of your freespace, or it is mis-reporting its file size. Find it and delete it, if you can. It should have the same filename as what you were downloading, so it should be easy to search for it. If you are completley locked out of your card, which it sounds like... I don't know what to tell you. Reformat and start over I suppose.

On a side note, I don't know how others feel about the subject, but since we are so big about not sharing copyrighted software on this site, in my opinion, downloading movies illegally is essentially the same thing. Next time just say you were downloading "a big file." lol
yea i was trying to download the file from rapidshare link directly to my ppc, when it gave me the ran out of memory message. So wat your saying is that the ppc cant download a file that big? is there a way aroung it? and i checked the temp file and nothing there. and like you said yes it looks like ive been locked out of the storage card because its on the ppc and yet it says that it is not installed. i will attempt to reformat the card after i go buy the card reader and hopefully that will work. And thanx for the tip, i'll keep that in mind about just saying "a big file" next time.