View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
JWhipple
PPCGeeks Regular

JWhipple is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyones battery actualy last a full day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
A lot of things could be to blame. I usually find it to be coverage. If you are in an area that has low coverage, or you start to roam a lot.... it is going to suck the battery.

I get great battery life while I am at work. I have about half of the signal bars, average 75+ emails from work (push email), get and reply to texts, and get the occasional phone call. After all that, I leave work w/ ~80% of my battery. Once I get home, the battery starts to drain. I moved to an area that is really weak. Zero bars (still have coverage) to two bars tops. I'm lucky to go to bed w/ 40% lol
I'll second this response. There is one room in my house that gets absolutely horrid cellular coverage, both on my XV6900 and my T-Mobile Blackberry 8800. A test that I did in all rooms of the house - I charged the phone immediately upon getting home, then unplugged before bed and placed the phones in each room.

Come morning, I checked and documented each phone's battery.
Blackberry has no percentage indicator, just 6 bars, 6 being a fully charged battery.

Blackberry does push email - I average 18-20 emails a night. These nights were no different.

XV6900 checks Gmail every hour - I average 3-4 emails a night. Again, these nights were no different.

No calls came in any of the nights I tested. No outgoing calls were made.

Master bedroom:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 6 bars

2nd bedroom:
XV6900 - 100%
BB - 6 bars

3rd bedroom:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 5 bars

Master Bath:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 6 bars

2nd bath:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 5 bars

Dining room:
XV6900 - 60%
BB - 3 bars

Computer room:
XV6900 - 90%
BB - 5 bars

Kitchen:
XV6900 - 80%
BB - 4 bars

Garage:
XV6900 - 80%
BB - 5 bars

As you can see - in the dining room, the battery life was significantly less than in the other rooms.

I can't walk through the dining room without the signal degrading horribly, in about 50% of the cases the call was dropped. This has been the case with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Nextel, Boost, Metro PCS, and an Alltel phone from out of town.

Feel free to do a similar test in your house - may be interesting to see what differences you'll see from room to room! Of course, your milage may vary!

Last edited by JWhipple; 07-31-2008 at 10:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.