View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
wireless
Lurker

wireless is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Activate Sprint phone on Verizon, Altell, etc... Network.

I can only add my experience of the last 48 hours. I got an almost new Alltel, PPC 6800 off Ebay. ESN is not on negative but of course was not on VERIZON Device Management Database (DMD the " big issue" where the ESN's Hangout!!) I called and asked for Tech Support. They told me that they cannot add it and then I asked for level 3 support. I got level 3 support and was told that the Alltel PPC Devices are not approved and they are not allowed to add them to the database. I stopped waited awhile and tried again. Same EXACT response from different people./. Waited awhile, tried again. This time was told that if I took the device to a corporate store and the Manager could assertain it was indeed an Alltel PPC 6800 that they could add it into the Database. Well , feeling good, I still was not going to drive anywhere without talking to Store Manager. Store manager said, quote, "Who in the hell told you that?" "Never heard of it, cannot do it. " He talked to me for a while and said "I can appreciate your points, ie Alltel bought by VZW, the phone is the same as xv6800 no reason not to etc, Let me see what I can find out" Called me back 2 hours later. Said he had contacted everyone he knew (7 years with VZW) and everyone told him no way to do it. So after all this, he said that he had found a Memo that if a new customer brought in an Alltel Device for New Activation (Data Device Only not just any phone) they could take it in and swap out the phone for a comparable model. He told me to bring it in and he did just that, took the Alltel PPC6800 and gave me a xv6800. Now, thats my story. I have heard what people say. I owned two Wireless stores for over 14 years and I know the business. I could not get it done. My outcome was fine with me, but I got lucky. My advice, it is one thing if you have a device and want to try it, but I certainly would not tell ANYONE to go buy an OFF VZW device and expect to just add the ESN into the DMD.
That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Now, if someone can PM me details on how to clone a xv6700's ESN to this XV6800, I would be a very happy man. I have a unique situation where I need to do just that. Thanks alot

Last edited by wireless; 08-08-2008 at 02:35 AM.