View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I must be doing something wrong - BT Quality

are you using an updated radio?

mine works great though, I have had the best luck with a plantronics 510 headset - it works on the other side of my house through walls even. I have a couple 3xx series plantronics headsets and get very minor cutting out when it is in my pocket and they won't work outside a room, but that has always kinda been the case with those even with other handsets..... It has been working very well since the original BT fix released by HTC in one of their early 2.xx rom updates (although it was still usable before then even and still never had a problem with range - just kinda so-so sound quality for the person I was talking to).

As for the poster above me with the complaints on birds chirping 30 feet away that is definitely a problem with the headset not the phone. Different headsets react differently to background noise, it is not the handset's job to filter background noise. In response to his question the radio rom certainly has an effect on the BT but there is also a BT stack built into the OS rom itself..... Range problems would probably be attributed to the radio (although I am not aware of any specific radio having BT range problems), while audio quality problems would probably be attributed to the BT stack built into the OS.

Last edited by holo; 07-26-2008 at 06:49 PM.