View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
my "To-Do" list for 9.5 is getting to a point where I feel i need to build & test a 9.5, and possibly release before the next kitchen is out. Below is what im currently working on, i will be building myself, and my co-workers a 9.5 for testing early this week. If all goes well there should be an update this weekend barring anything unexpected or profound. I have a ton of great feedback, and ive seen some REALLY cool applications that you guys have sent me for testing. Some will hopefully make my next release, whereas others I havent had time to fully test for stability & speed. The UPX thing is a HUGE trial & error process, so there may not be many UPX'd applications in there aside from some of the games.

If im missing anything that weve talked about below, shoot me a PM, im still recovering from vacation!

:::Revision 9.5 TO DO LIST:::BLUE=DONE RED=WIP ORANGE=CANT DO MYSELF

-rebuild r9.5 once the new kitchen is released
-look into adding hitchhiker WIFI application
-look into replacing memmaid w/ taskmanager2.7 (i like free stuffs)
-disable sync time from network due to battery life complaints & the fact that it forces open activesync
-look into integrating a backup program... spb & backupcontacts seem to be the two im debating(PIM.VOL anyone.... hehe)
-debate adding in a safe-mode option (i dont feel its needed but you guys do some weird sh*t w/ your phones!)
-Try to persuade someone to build a Verizon ext.rom OEM so vz peeps can get rid of their ext.rom
-fix the missile command registry entries (forgot to put them in the OEM, oops)
-Create "BowMario" theme so users can get back the default (found the tools to do it, working on it)
-speed dial is working (in the menu) someone asked about putting the button back on the dialpad(researching, doesnt look possible)
-find a way to fully integrate MMS as an oem without the need for a cab to make registry entries and build the outlook-mms inbox (researching)
-integrate BT PAN fix if its not in the next kitchen
-put back in triangle-powers registry hack GUI for the n00bz
-debate reducing the file cache settings to be more "older hardware revision" friendly, i sure like the speed, but crashing is a no-no