View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
DaPeeps
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: What's the best free GPS Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3789 View Post
amAze gives me the most time consuming routes (in contrast to the ones I normally take), especially when compared to what google maps pulls up. amAze gives me the "easiest" routes (fewer turns) which had longer distances and travel times. Definitely not a good choice. For those who have to travel long distances or are relocating to a new area, I suggest getting a program that actually checks traffic and updates itself. Those programs cost $$$, but it's money well spent.
Agreed....Amaze WILL get you where you need to go, but its not always the best route you can take.
I personally prefer TomTom myself...its worked the best for me, but I havent tried Garmin or iGo yet either. iGuidance has given me some issues, so I cant recommend it.

Sprint Telenav isnt too bad either, especially if you have a plan that includes it for free.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!