Stevevo
PPCGeeks Regular

Stevevo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This is for Alltel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
i use the 6800 also. (i think i might have given you a hand sometime gonzo?) the stock rom for alltel doesnt have gps but there are workarounds for the 6800, not sure about the 6900 though- but i wouldnt see why not since they are very similar phones.

my reccomendation would be to just flash a custom rom. youll get windows mobile 6.1 and gps activated already (neither of which you get with alltels stock rom), so you dont have to do any workarounds. im not familiar with any roms for the 6900 but it isnt hard to find out who's talking about what roms the most.
I did the 4 program downloads and installs and I have the 6900 and got it to work. It didn't take long but works off and on. I have to prime it with the GPSViewer and then it usually works. It finds lots of satelites and then when I push the top button to wake it it turns on the satelites with blue filled. Then I turn on Google maps and go into menu and click on use GPS and then it shows where you are and you can move an it shows you where you are going and it is pretty acurate.