View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
pcskibum
N00b

pcskibum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Feedback on this nueLED program. It was included in the first "leaked" rom that I installed a week ago. When I flashed to a newer rom yesterday it was missing so I found this thread and installed nueLED 1.5 from here: http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nueled.html

I'm doing this on a Sprint HTC Touch with the leaked rom and Windows 6.1.

My personal preference is to turn off the lights that tell me things I already know. My phone is always on, I always have a good Sprint signal, and my bluetooth is always on. When I plug it in I know it's charging. I don't need lights to tell me those things.

I want the lights for things that require action from me: waiting text messages, missed calls, voice mail, e-mail, or a calendar reminder. Ideally, there should be a way to use the different colors for different types of alerts.

The nueLED program mostly works on my Touch. I was able to get the constant green and blue blinking to stop. But after a soft reset the blue light comes back. For some reason the program remembers that the green blink is disabled, but the blue comes back to enabled so I have to disable it manually again.

But I'm not sure about the next step. Is it possible to hook the different Addresses/Modes up to an application? For example, a voice mail message is more important to me than a simple missed call, but right now they both make the orange light blink. A text message is also the same orange light. So right now my blue and green lights are not used for anything.

I would also like the brightest, most obvious light to come on when the battery falls to 20% or something. Is that possible?