View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question Screen Taps Hack? Pref. A .Cab Maybe?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
Awww I got too excited. This doesn't change the 'screen tap' sound You know the sound where you go to Settings>Personal>Sounds&Notifications>Screen Taps (Soft)

None of the .wav files in \Windows\ are the same as the screen tap sound.
Are found here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]
;enable screen taps Unchecked (off)
"Screen"=dword:1000
;enable screen taps Soft
;"Screen"=dword:1
;enable screen taps Loud
;"Screen"=dword:1002

Same goes for Hardware buttons:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]
;enable Hardware Buttons Unchecked (off)
"Key"=dword:1000
;enable Hardware Buttons Soft
;"Key"=dword:1
;enable Hardware Buttons Loud
;"Key"=dword:1002

The default sound is "hwandsw.wav" located in \windows. In the kitchen it is usually located in the ..\kitchen\sys\shell directory. I couldn't find a spot in the registry to replace it, you'll have to replace it with resco or inside your kitchen. See my tutorial in my sig on Adding Files and Personal Stuff....

EDIT: If you feel bold and don't mind reflashing your device if you mess up, try replacing some of the "Empty" entries in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Snd\Event] key...
But this one appears to be hard-coded into windows...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-18-2008 at 08:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.