View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
EtherealRemnant
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

So I managed to get Engadget up in the browser (yeah, it took quite a few tries - screen alignment isn't dead on either so it made it even more difficult) and I must say, the Google browser does things that Opera is just now starting to be able to do - namely, it automatically formats text in the page when you zoom in (Opera 9.5 formats it BEFORE you zoom in and after), making the page look just like it would on the desktop.

The browser is also highly responsive. I didn't see it loading images for 10 seconds or so like Opera 9.5 does.

The Android app is pretty cool just because it shows that there is actual TRUE hardware acceleration running on the device. You can touch the globe and spin it faster, in a new direction, etc.

I can not receive calls but I can make them.

I am not even going to ATTEMPT to make a text message until someone fixes the keyboard.

I've also noticed that the GUI seems to be more responsive if you have the keyboard slid out for some reason. Also if you can't get out of an app with the end key, press the power key and an option will come up to turn off the screen. If you click that option, it will exit the app and dump you back at the home screen 9 times out of ten.

This is obviously still a really early pre-alpha release but I'm impressed with how far its come in such a short time and I'm really excited to see the full power unleashed on our devices and others in the near future!

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png