View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 10:23 PM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is the absolute best radio for GPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
well, i've been getting 5-10 sec locks of about 8-11 sats outside (up to 14 once) running 3.03.651.2 and
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=no1ustad+ppst. i know this to work because i've loaded the same setup on three phones with the same results.
So this is the "official" ROM that came out about two weeks ago, with the 3.42.30 radio? I had heard that the *.4 "official" Sprint ROM was nearly identical, aside from a few minor bug fixes...

Are you using the 2.04 PPST? Or did you cancel customizations? I'd swear that the 2.03 was working much better... I remember loading one of OMJ's ROMS that had GPSToday pre-installed, and before it even fully booted, (still showing splash screen,) it already had a lock on satellites... because once the Today screen appeared, GPSToday already showed my location... it also provided consistant 5-10 second locks... but I would still lose GPS after a day or so, requiring a soft-reset...
This post has been thanked 1 times.