Thread: titan kitchen
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
BigDinCA
PPCGeeks Regular

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: titan kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_sensation25 View Post
ok....i'm really new to alot of the lingo that u guys are using...i see alot of threads talking about the ppckitchen...can someone please explain to me what the kitchen is for and if i should download it..i have a mogul and i am learning alot of new things about it
I've felt your pain. The short and quick version is that you can download the BuildOS application and from there you can load the basic OS for the phone, without all of the BS that the carriers add to it. You can pick and choose (or COOK, as it's called) what other applications and tweaks you want to include with the basic OS and then when you've finished selecting everything you upload this package to your phone. It overwrites E V E R Y T H I N G you had, so be sure to sync before you do this. You should do some searching and read up on using the unlockers and bootloaders on the site. These are required to load anything that isn't a stock ROM. Searching and reading is the best way to learn from people who have had success and even more so from people who have had problems and figured out how to fix them. Good luck and HAPPY COOKING!
This post has been thanked 1 times.